Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Weekend is Almost here!

Well I am almost done with my second week of classes... which is amazing, since it is going by so quickly... I only have 4 more weeks of classes, that means about 5 more weekends to go adventuring, exploring and shopping for presents and cool stuff I just generally want... hahaha... I have spent the majority of this week studying for my Politics class and a map quiz that he gave us, which I think I did alright on, but he asked us about things he did not have on his study guide, so it was hard on some parts, but I think I did decently... but I have started to get to know some Egyptians here at AUC... and they are sooo nice...

After our class today, the Quiz, I went with some Americans and some Egyptians to this Cafeteria Hareya, which means Freedom, where they serve $2 Beers and Chickpeas... it was nice, Egypt is surprisingly relaxed... I mean I would never go and flaunt that I am drinking, but this place is an open hole in the wall bar, where is seems the students I was with always go there... But besides just enjoying the environment, I got to know RJ, Miki (Short for Mikiela) and Ahmed, all natives, they let me practice my Arabic, which is not great but I am working on it... anyway while we were there Ahmed invited us to the upcoming Football (Soccer) game that will be held in Egypt between Egypt and Mawali... Which I was totally up to going, I want to do so much while I am here... I also learned that Ahmed has his own horse, and when he found out I could ride a little (THANK YOU AUNT MARSHA AND CURT) then he invited me later to go Horseback riding with him to the Pyramids or just in the Dessert...

But in other news, I am heading to Alexandria (Iskandaryah) this weekend... I am excited, I will be taking the Train from Cairo to Alex (that is what most of the Egyptians call it for short)... there are about 7 of us going, so we should have fun!!! We plan on seeing the Fort Qaitbey & the Bibliotheca and then go to the Beach and SWIM in the Mediterranean Sea!!! I am excited to be going to a beach, I know I could go to any beach I want, but this one in on the Med!!! Next weekend I am gonna head to Sharm Al Sheik, which is a Resort town on the Sinai Penninsula!!! There are about 14 of us going to Sharm, so a big group! But it should be fun, and I think when we are there we might try to climb Mount Sinai at night, and then watch the Sunrise, and I think near Mount Sinai is the Monastery that houses the Burning Bush, or atleast they say it is the bush that burned.. I don't know but I am taking my Mothers advice and seeing as much as I can, and I am soo glad that I am here in Egypt... Sorry no pictures on this blog... just me talking and blabbing... but I will have more pictures once this weekend gets here!

No comments: