Saturday, June 21, 2008

The First Part of the Aexandria Adventures!

Well I am not going to enumerate all the different parts of my Adventures from this past weekend... but I will do it later on this week, I am really tired! Well I have to say I have swam i the Mediterranean Sea!!! I was very Excited about that... But to start out, we took a Train from Cairo to Alexandria... which was interesting, I was able to see Egypt, not Cairo, but Egypt... as weird as it is to say I got to see how the majority of Egyptians live... the train would go through fields of Wheat, Corn, and Rice Patties... I really enjoyed that Train Ride... once we got to Alexandria we went to the Hotel which was the Hilton Green Plaza, which is a big mall with a hotel over it... and the room was decent sized for the 6 of us. After we ate some lunch at the Hilton, we went to the Bibliotheca, which is this new library that was built over the space where the old Library of Alexandria use to be. It was an intense building that was soo much fun to be in, there was this one area that was dedicated to old books and manuscripts... it was a fun adventure, and we just enjoyed being there... after the Library, we went to the Private Beach owned by the Hotel Renaissance, which was nice we got a cabana to ourselves, even though we were not guest of the hotel!!! So I got to swim and relax in the water, which I swear is a second home to me, I am soo content in or near water, especially salt water... While we were at the Beach we meet this Egyptian names Mag, who would not leave us alone... I understand he wanted to practice his English, which I am all for, but I dont think he got the hint that we were done talking, but he hung out with us, specifically me and this one guy Tim, he could not get enough of us, it was disgustingly creepy... he was a CREEPER... but he was not the highlight of the beach, watching the sunset on the Med was AMAZING... it was soo pretty, and just made my day... one thing I will say about Egyptian men, they are not use to women wearing swim suits, and showing alot of skin, the beach we were on was right near the main road in Alexandria, so there were alot of men walking along it, and they were more than willing to take pictures of me in my swim suit, which got annoying, but I had to remember the cultural differences that existed, and that they are not use to so much skin being shown... and I just laughed because I know American Girls who show even more skin... but that is all I am going to update tonight... I am really tired, and the second day in Alexandria has alot more pictures and stories... so till I have had more sleep!

No comments: