Monday, June 30, 2008

The Pleasant and Not...

This is going to be a light post, I am short on pictures since well I did not see as many things I would have liked to, and I also forgot my camera when we would adventure out, a first for me since I arrived here in Egypt... but onto my adventures...

Sharm started with a VERY LONG bus ride, although I dont remember much of it because I was starting to get sick, so I slept most of the bus ride there, in a little cramped seat, with all my stuff... but whatever... We finally arrived, and had to wait for our rooms at the hotel to be ready, while we waited though we tried to find breakfast, well I have to tell you Egyptians do not do breakfast, for the most part, they are not even awake, and breakfast is typically a at home meal... so we we forced to improvise, and we had ashir, or juice... When we finally got to the hotel room we relaxed, unloaded are stuff and went to the pools and beach... but what was interesting about our experience in the pool was that the pool was a salt water pool, with water pulled from the Red Sea... AND it was Chlorinated... weird I know, but it was an experience, We were those obnoxious Americans at the pool especially when we started to play Ultimate Frisbee in the Pool (I would like to say that I scored 2 points for my team!!! and I am totally not athletic at all)... After Hanging out in the pool I was sleep deprived and still somewhat sick so I went and took a nap, which was GLOURIOUS!!! I did alot of sleeping this past weekend, but I sorta needed it... but if I had to do this trip again I would have changed alot of things mainly because of the group I was with, and the places that I went with the group were not interesting...

That night we went to Abu Al Sid, which is this AMAZING Egyptian Resturant, and we had some really good authentic Egyptian food, including Pigeon... yeah you read that right, pigeon... I did not order it, but a friend of mine did, and I tried it, and it was not worth eating, and it tasted weird, and there was not alot of meat on the bones... and it was just generally weird... but I have tried Pigeon... who can say that, and pigeon is suppose to be a national delicacy... Go Figure... After that I split of from the majority of the group and me and three others went to the Club Pacha, which is the biggest and hippest night club in Sharm, it was soo much fun, and it was a nice way for me to celebrate my birthday!!!

We partied until the sun rose, as we were coming back to the hotel I was watching the sun rise, it was amazing, and I was a little drunk, but that is allowed, I am 21 years old! The next day was spent on the beach or near the pools relaxing, and also a nice afternoon snorkel in the Red Sea, which was so clear and beautiful, it was cool because the hotel we stayed at had an area set off just for snorkeling and diving, it was so cool to see all the fish and everything that they had in the Red Sea...

There is a reason I called this blog post the pleasant and not, there were some unpleasant moments from this weekend, like travelers diarrhea, which hit me really badly on Saturday, right before we were suppose to head out and climb mount Sinai, which was something I was really looking forward to, I really wanted to spend my entire night climbing to the summit of this mountain watching the sun rise, and then climbing back down... but instead I was forced to stay in the hotel room by myself, which was a little upsetting to me, but inevitably it paid off in the end, when everyone was soo tired and exhausted, but did not get to sleep because we had to pack up and leave from the hotel and start heading back to Cairo... so I guess that worked out better for be because I am a grouch if I do not get sleep... and even though I got sleep I still slept on the bus ride back to Cairo, mainly because car rides almost always put me to sleep, :-)

Well that was Sharm, I had some problems with the people I traveled with, so I am trying not to travel with them again, which I am totally up for... Next weekend I am going with a group of girls to the Black and White Desert for a camping trip, which is exciting because I have never gone camping in my life, and then the following weekend I am planning my own trip to Luxor, Egypt, which is the one place I wanted to go to so badly since coming to Cairo... I also took the initiative again and I am going to the Citadel this Thursday with some friends of mine!

Well till something new happens! I love and miss everyone from home, like you cannot believe!

No comments: