Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birthday and Beyond...

Well it is official, I am making my parents feel really old now, I am now 21, and have been for about a day and a half... it is weird, I sorta did not feel like I had a birthday since I am here surrounded by people I dont know that well, and was not with some of my closest friends and family... but I guess I will have to make up for it when I get back to the states in July... Otherwise, this week has been a typical week at school and here in Cairo, Classes, Homework, and relaxing here in Zamalek, but the fun news is what is happening this weekend.

This Weekend I am heading to Sharm Al Sheik, which is a resort town on the Sinai Peninsula, and Sharm (what it is called for short) is near the tip of this peninsula! I am really excited, last weekend I swam and played in the Mediterranean Sea, and this weekend I will be swimming in the Red Sea! Now who can say they did that in the span of two weeks! I dont think alot of people, so it should be fun, this trip is def all about relaxing and just being on vacation, I mean I might go and spend a morning on Saturday climbing mount Sinai, but other than that, I plan on spending time snorkeling and just being at a Beach, which I really cannot complain about!!!

There are a couple of possibilities on what I am gonna do the next three weekends, one choice is next weekend going to the Black and White Desert and camping overnight, which I think it cool because I have never camped it my life!!! Another trip I want to do is to go to Luxor and Thebes, which involves me taking the overnight train down there and back. Otherwise I think I will spend some more of my weekends trying to visit more sites here in Cairo, like I dont know the Pyramids, since I have not seen them yet... I know I am slacking, you think with them being soooo close to Cairo, that would have been the first thing I saw... otherwise I all have to do while I am here is get people I know presents, and pass both of my classes... pretty simple I should be able to do that! I will update this blog once I get back from Sharm, but that might not be for a couple of days, since I am getting back here late Sunday Night, so Dont expect and update till maybe Monday... and I am sure this trip will be a multiple blog trip as well!

No comments: